Responsible: NCO Owner, NCO Lead Operations, HR Lead
Below is a schedule of staff required during Pre-sale through new club opening. These individuals will be identified within existing locations or hired from the outside. Detailed hiring schedule by hiring manager, role and timing is found at
Exhibit: NCO Hiring Schedule.
For detailed job descriptions, see Exhibit: Job Descriptions.
|HR and Operations||General Manager|
|HR, VP Sales, and Regional Sales Manager||Sales Manager|
|HR, VP Sales, and Senior Fitness Team||Fitness Manager|
|HR and Director of Edge Kids||Edge Kids Supervisor|
|Edge Kids Coach (based on children projections,
1 sitter : 8 kids
|Group Exercise Manager||Group X Instructors|
- The first step in the hiring process is to develop and distribute the job posting
- HR will work with all departments and a job posting will be developed and posted on the online platform system, Linked In, Indeed, and other firms as necessary.
- When appropriate, The Edge will post the new club opening positions internally.
- Recruiting strategy:
- The Edge will continually post all key positions to constantly search for new talent.
- Group interviews will be conducted for all departments before each new club opening.
- The Edge will conduct “open houses” during pre-sale of each new club to find new talent.
- Internal communication plan
- The Edge will communicate to all employees and members the next new club opening once we have the lease of the new location signed.
- Train interviewers:
- The selection of a new team members is a major investment for The Edge and the candidate, therefore all hiring managers must be trained on the Targeted Selection criteria, looking for a “STAR”.
- HR will train the new club managers the selection system that will yield solid returns: productive employees who enjoy their responsibilities and seek opportunities to improve.
- Interview candidates
- All candidates that are considered will interview with the appropriate department head / hiring manager.
- The department head will be trained on the targeted selection process and follow the targeted selection interview guide to hire ongoing employees as the need arises.
- The GM will be trained on the targeted selection process and follow the targeted selection interview guide to hire ongoing employees as the need arises.
- Reference check
- HR will conduct at least one personal and one professional reference check for all key positions.
- Offer :
- Once the leadership team decides on a candidate, HR will put together an offer letter.
- The offer letter will be conducive upon a successful background check and upon the candidate signing the Edge non-compete.
- Begin On boarding process – See below.
The following is the on-boarding process for all front-desk employees (GM, Sales Manager, Fitness Consultants). For detailed training and job descriptions for all positions, see individual department operating procedures.
|1||New employee paperwork & policies and procedures|
|Mission statement, core values, goals & expectations, company history and new employee club tour|
|Department descriptions of Personal Training, Edge Kids, Café, Small Group training and group exercise|
|2||Daily Operations including software (Datatrak and Club OS training)|
|Café (shake making) school|
|3||Membership Sales presentation: check in, tour, price presentation, overcoming objections, membership presentation, booking the Fitness appointment and presenting the VIP referral system|
|4||Recap of Membership Sales presentation|
|VFP training (personal training sales)|
|5||Customer Service training: WIN with customer service|
|Recap of Week|
The employee will take the online quiz to become certified to work in The Edge Fitness Clubs.
- Fitness Managers will follow a 1 week training process as outlined in Exhibit: Fitness Manager Profile
- Personal Trainers are responsible for completing onboarding checklist (See Exhibit: PT On-boarding Checklist). IssueTrak is used to monitor performance and ensure checklist of training items has been completed.
- Payroll and Finance will create a payroll budget for new club opening operations in Edge Kids.
- One supervisor is required per room
- The number of babysitters will be based on club projections and Edge Kids Director and Supervisor estimates regarding amount of children
- Schedule one staff member to every 8 children.
- Director to hire and train the new club’s Edge Kids supervisor 6 weeks before new club opening.
- New supervisor and director to hire Edge Kids staff 4 weeks prior to new club opening.
- New supervisor and director to train new Edge Kids staff 2 weeks prior to new club opening.
- Director, Supervisor and new Edge Kids staff to put together the Edge Kids room one week prior to opening.
- Director will train the Edge Kids supervisor to write the schedules on the online scheduling platform at The Edge.
- The supervisor will schedule employees to stay within projected payroll budget.
- The hours of operation in the Edge Kids room will revolve around the group exercise schedule.
- See Exhibit – Edge Kids On-boarding & Training
See Exhibit: NCO Hiring Schedule.
- Hours of operation for pre-sale are Monday through Friday 9am – 7pm. Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm.
- The Sales Manager will run the pre-sale for the duration of pre-sale up until one month before club opening at which point the pre-sale management will be turned over to the new club General Manager.
- Membership advisors will be staffed based on pre-sale goal & new club opening goals: 100 memberships = 1 Membership Advisor. (i.e., a goal of 400 memberships will mean 4 Membership Advisors).
- Sales Manager will schedule the advisor staff through the web based scheduling system of the club.
First Two Months
- The week before the new club opening and the week after the club opens and during the Grand Opening, the following corporate team will be on site at the new club:
- Regional Manager Director
- Regional Sales Manager
- Edge Kids Manager
- General Manager along with Assistant Manager of new club will run the pre-sale and will open the new club as the GM / Asst. Manager.
- New club will open and be staffed with the sales manager of the pre-sale.
- A fitness manager will be identified one month prior to opening and will be in pre-sale 2 weeks prior to new club opening.
- The club will be scheduled with 1 advisor per 100 memberships. (For example, with a goal of 700 memberships, we will staff 7 membership advisors in the clubs.)
- During the first month of the club opening, the club must schedule at least 2 extra membership advisors.
- During the first month of the club opening, the club must schedule at least 2 extra fitness consultants.
- New club opener will be hired and trained one month before new club opening and go through the onboarding procedures referenced above.
- Ten Fitness consultants will be hired and trained one month before new club opening and go through the onboarding procedures referenced above.
- Two shake attendants will be hired and trained two weeks before new club opening and go through the onboarding procedures referenced above.
- Club hours of operation will be:
- Monday – Thursday: 5am – 11pm. Saturday & Sunday 7am – 7pm. OR
- 24 Hours: Monday 5AM – Friday 9PM. Saturday & Sunday 7am – 7pm.
- The General Manager of the new club will write the schedules for the following club employees:
- Sales manager
- Fitness manager
- Membership advisors
- Fitness consultants
- Shake attendants
- During the first two months, the general manager will “overstaff” the club to account for the busy-ness of the new club opening.