The goal of each Edge Kids employee is to create an atmosphere in which the children are safe, have fun, and look forward to coming to. Each club has a child-friendly space in which to carry this out, but it is your time, attention, enthusiasm, and creativity that will be what makes their time in your care special. To hold this position you need to have experience in the care for children, enjoy spending time with kids ages 6 weeks to 13 years old, be friendly, attentive, and have fun!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Open and clear line of communication with Supervisor.
- Notify parents of children’s needs in a professional and timely manner. i.e., excessive crying, diapering, injury.
- Notify child when parent returns. Thank child and parent for visiting. Check child out of computer.
- Talk with children at their level
- Invite children to engage in activities. Take initiative to create a craft, circle time, story time, games, etc. More than one activity can take place at the same time. Get involved in free play. If you don’t have something to do, find something to do, be aware of activity around you.
- Tend to crying children…engage! engage! engage! Don’t be intimidated by crying. Get to know the child and let them get to know you. The more comfortable they are with all the staff the easier the transition time is.
- Support your fellow staff, work as a team. Encourage areas of strength, rather than complain about weakness. Work to the best of your ability. Don’t take suggestions or changes as a personal insult. No one is more or less important as anyone else.
- Keep the room clean throughout the shift. Cleaning schedule- wipe toys, vacuum, sweep, etc. is everyone’s responsibility, whether you agree with it or not. Everyone needs to help keep the room sanitary and clean.
- Safety is our first priority! Always be mindful and aware of your surroundings and please bring any unsafe issues to somebody’s attention immediately.
- Opening shift is 15 min before Edge Kids opens. This is time to set room up, chairs around table, crayons out, puzzles, play-doh out and ready to go.
- Check-Ins: greet member and child with a smile and a hello. Check child into the room through computer with PAID babysitting. (Your job is to make sure ALL visits are paid). Clean and sanitize children’s hands and place name tags.
- Monthly kid’s events are crucial to our department and it is each staff’s responsibility to promote and sign members up for all Edge Kids events.
- Events must be paid at the time of sign-up
- All staff are required to participate in working these events, know the pricing and dates of ALL events.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and pick up babies and small children.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background check.
- Child/Parent Focus
- Quick Decision Making
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork Orientation
- First Aid, CPR, Epi-Pen Training
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.