Assistant General Manager
As an Assistant Manager, you are a leader to your staff, as well as an assistant to the General Manager of the club. In the absence of the General Manager, you become him/her and your staff depends on you. Your personal success is highly dependent on the success of your club, and therefore you must be committed to the business and take great pride in what you do.
Each club has a daily and monthly revenue goal that you and the General Manager are held accountable for achieving. Each day you will need to plan how to hit that goal through the sales of Memberships, Personal Training, Pilates, Massage, as well as any other miscellaneous profit centers.
As an Assistant Manager, you need to be highly motivated, driven, mature, and self-sufficient and take a great interest in our business. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Understanding the culture of our business
- Communicating needs and concerns with your General Manager and Corporate Staff daily
- Managing and coaching all staff (Front Desk Staff and Personal Trainers)
- Hitting your daily and monthly goal
- Preparing your Personal Training & Membership Advisor Staff each day
- Making sure the team stays focused throughout the day
- Taking care of customer service issues, club needs and personnel problems
- Being flexible for any situation that arises
- Taking appropriate action and leading by example
- Overseeing in-club operations
- Ensuring that all paperwork and sales are written/rung in properly
- Meeting with Advisors and Personal Trainers each month to ensure they hit their goals
Again, you are there to assist the General Manager on a day-to-day basis. You need to be prepared to handle many types of situations, because every day is different. It is important to take a leadership role and be there to support and motivate your staff, as well as take appropriate action when a situation arises.
It is extremely important that you hit your monthly goal, both for the success of the business, as well as your own. You will learn how to be creative and think outside the box in order to generate new sales. You and your General Manager will be taking the majority of personal training shots, and therefore will be expected to have a minimum of $50,000 in Generating Dollars each month. Your relationships with both the Personal Trainers and with their clients are very important to succeed at this, for they both need to trust you. Get to know the clients and take an interest in them. The more they trust you, the happier they are to be clients of ours!
The majority of our General Managers have been in their role for 5+ years, so look to your manager for guidance and support. They are the very best at what they do, and you can learn a lot from them. You will report directly to them each day.