As a Fitness Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, your main responsibility is to ensure your Fitness Department Team is successful. You will accomplish this by coaching, teaching and training your fitness staff on each Key Performance Indicator they will need to master in order to hit your club fitness services goal. Each club has a daily, monthly and annual fitness services goal that you are ultimately responsible for. You are a leader to your personal training staff as well as an assistant to the General Manager. To hold this position, you must be passionate about helping our members achieve results and change lives. Our Fitness Manager is an experienced fitness and sales professional who is responsible for building a strong Fitness Services team and managing the PT department by delivering member experience and results, operational efficiency and financial performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Accountable for the daily, monthly and yearly financial performance of the clubs fitness services while driving sales and managing expenses, always striving to improve the Fitness Department.
- Oversees the Personal Training department to ensure that the KPIs are met.
- Partners closely with the Membership department ensuring that initial fitness assessments are being booked and the advisors are building value on the tour.
- Ensures that the PT presentations and fitness assessments (VFPs) are structured and standardized, consistent with corporate standards.
- Establish tailored business plans and strategies with direct reports to meet & exceed sales goals & targets.
- Develops lead generation strategies with team.
- Establish Fitness Services sales goals for the Fitness Consultants and front desk employees.
Team & People Management:
- Provides coaching, mentorship, feedback, recognition and support to Personal Trainers to facilitate their success and skills development. Responsible for Succession Planning to facilitate retention and growth of key and top talent in the club.
- Provides input and participates in performance assessment and termination processes for Personal Trainers, in partnership with HR, and Management.
- Establishes and develops a collaborative and results-focused Personal Training team. Leads weekly Personal Training meetings ensuring effective communication, planning, coordination and alignment. Leads ongoing team building and leadership development activities. Promotes members and team success stories.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace environment that provides opportunities for advancement for staff.
Recruitment & Training:
- Ensures that the Personal Training team is well staffed to hit the daily, monthly & yearly forecast.
- Works in collaboration with the GM to interview and hire the most qualified candidates.
- Develops a high performing team through coaching, teaching and training.
- Guarantees that all new employees are on-boarded properly and given the essential training tools to exceed expectations.
- Provides on-going training to the personal training staff.
- Meets with the GM and Sales Manager daily to strategize on getting the personal training department to goal, creating alignment around key business objectives.
- Takes the time to coach, teach and develop each personal trainer.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate the team’s KPIs.
- Conducts performance reviews of the personal trainers with the help of the Area Manager.
- Respond quickly to member concerns or requests.
- Supplement & Inventory Management:
- Orders all supplements to ensure that the club has enough on hand to hit its supplement goal.
- Manages the supplement profit & loss.
- A related University degree (in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology) or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years related sales experience,
- 5+ years’ experience in the fitness industry.
- 2+ years of leadership and people management experience including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams and individuals to achieve goals and objectives across multiple locations. Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence all levels of the organization.
- 1+ years of personal training experience is required.
- Successful completion of NASM Personal Training Certification is required. Successful completion of additional health and nutrition certification programs an asset.
- Current CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun.
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies.