As a Sales Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, your main responsibility is to ensure your Membership Advisor Team is successful. You will accomplish this by coaching, teaching and training your staff on each Key Result Area they need to master in order to hit your club Membership Units & Revenues goals. Each club has a daily, monthly and annual membership goal that you are ultimately responsible for. In addition to the club goal, you will also have a personal membership goal set each month by your Regional Sales Manager. You will lead your Sales team by example. To hold this position, you must be passionate about helping our members achieve results & change lives. You must have the ability to create a sense of urgency with your team. You must create a culture of having fun while getting to goal. Your ability to create and sustain a culture of driving and grinding to achieve our membership unit and revenue goal, while having fun, will dictate your success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attains team membership goal by executing all areas of The Edge sales process creating the urgency to join.
- Generates dollars by collecting the maximum amount of revenues based on current club promotions.
- Monitors the KPI’s to ensure that each of your Membership Advisors are achieving or exceeding our membership sales objectives.
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments and memberships.
- Sets individual and team goals and hold the team accountable to those goals.
- Ensures that the Membership Advisor is building excitement on the tour to ensure the prospect’s first impression of the club is a good one, they build value on the initial training appointment, grow referrals, presents price properly & never lets an opportunity pass by.
- Coaches, teaches & trains the MA to develop and improve their sales and customer service skills.
- Create & build strategies through constant training around key sales techniques (role playing the TI’s, club tours & membership presentation).
- Work with the Membership Advisor to establish tailored business plans and strategies to meet their monthly sales goals and targets.
- Ensure that all Membership Advisors are aware of the current sales and marketing promotions going on.
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition to each Membership Advisor.
- Hold daily production meetings with your team.
- Attend weekly sales meeting with VP of Sales and Regional Sales Managers.
- Be an active participant by providing insight on what is going right, what is going wrong and how is the membership department going to get better.
Recruitment & Training:
- Works with HR to begin a requisition when there is a need for a new team member.
- Interviews potential membership advisors.
- Makes the recommendation to hire all new advisors.
- Consistently offers ongoing support and training to all new hires.
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- 2+ years related Sales Experience with direct consumer sales or membership sales strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours, as necessary during closeouts or end of month
- Demonstrates a “roll up the sleeves” mentality.
- Must have a passion for fitness
- Must have a passion to help people.
- Strong leadership skills.
- We ask that you “walk the walk and talk the talk” by working out! You will be given the opportunity to work with one of our certified personal trainers weekly!
- This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach.
- This position may require you to work extra hours on the last day of the month.