Edge Kids Supervisor
As an Edge Kids Supervisor you will be working with a large cooperative team in an award-winning fitness club. You will provide a safe, fun, and active program of activities that will keep the children excited and looking forward to coming back again and again. Activities can range from obstacle courses, to yoga, to kids bootcamps, and more so plenty of energy and enthusiasm is needed! Each club has a child-friendly space in which to carry this out, but it is your time, attention, and creativity that will be what makes their time in your care special. You will lead your staff by example and maintain complete responsibility of the daily activities in your room.
Working as an Edge Kids Supervisor you will be working with large groups of children from 6 weeks to 12 years, and will need to maintain a proactive, positive and approachable manner. The candidate must also be a supportive and flexible team player and posses a “can do” attitude whilst ensuring that the children have a fun experience in a safe environment.
- Interview and Hire Staff-with the understanding of Edge Kids staff standards
- Schedule staff to ensure to have adequate coverage for all shifts as well as call-outs and events
- Coach, teach & train staff on Active Play and implementing new activities
- Conduct yearly reviews and review with Director
- Provide positive feedback to employees when appropriate
- Provide verbal and written warnings for insubordinate employees-always communicating incidents with director
- Make decision to terminate staff when appropriate
Financial & Sales
- Responsible for hitting the Edge Kids revenue goal of the club
- Staffing employees to match payroll budget
- Communicate sales to members about events and parties and promotions
- Communicate to all members our special events and promotions
- Communicate with Sales manager and GM on Past Due and RFC accounts.
- Create Active Play Format and daily schedules for structured play and activities.
- Ensure that staff participate in Active Play, introduce Fitness in the form of fun games and activities designed to keep kids moving and active.
- Motivate staff to coordinate games and activities to engage children.
- Work with PT Dept on implementing Personal Trainers classes in room.
- Be proactive & imaginative
- Oversee that room stays “picked up” to ensure safety of room at all times
- Oversee cleanliness of room and ensure that porters are cleaning the floors, bathroom and removing trash daily. Communicate any special cleaning needs.
- Oversee spot cleaning in room to maintain all areas to be clean and sanitary
- Create and oversee equipment cleaning schedule and ensure that equipment is cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Utilize Issuetrak to track maintenance needs & repairs to ensure safety of the room & equipment.
- Be sure staff files incident reports for any injuries to children or staff while in the Edge Kids room
- Minimum of bi-weekly communication with director via email/text/phone
- Maintain communication with GM regarding all matters pertaining to Edge Kids
- Communicate with Membership Advisors and Fitness Managers & provide information on current promotions, Past due and RFC accounts, daily opportunities and VIP’s.
- Handle all issues in the room with appropriate communication to parents/staff
- Update & maintain member email lists & communicate with them about promotions, class schedules and special events.
- A good communicator who is adaptable, resourceful, patient, and diplomatic
- Excellent guest relations and customer service skills
Motivation, Excitement & Contribution
- Maintain excitement when handling and dealing with children and staff daily
- Be motivated to improve ALL services within the room
- Innovation with new ideas for events, activities, and crafts
- Attend monthly Supervisor meetings: Share ideas and learn from others on the Edge Kids Supervisor team
- Endless enthusiasm and a professional and positive attitude towards providing a first class
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and pick up babies and small children.
Must be able to successfully pass criminal background check.
- Child/Parent Focus
- Decision Making
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork Orientation
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in early related field (exercise science, education, human performance) preferred
- First Aid, CPR & Epi-Pen Certified
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.