At the Edge, we run a “clean” program and a “tight” ship, which reflects upon the core values of the organization.
- Positive Attitude
- Game Excellence
- Work Hard and Focus on Goals
- Communication and Team Work
- Be enthusiastic and engaging. Smile!!!
- Have fun at work!
- Always positive and upbeat. Keep problems at home. Never negative!
- Take yourself serious. Take your job serious. Be a true professional!
- Be well groomed at all times, i.e., clean shaven, shirt tucked in, showered, pressed pants, clean shoes, etc.
- Take great pride in what you do!
- Show up to work 15 minutes before your shift ready to work.
- Be grateful to work for The Edge Fitness Clubs!
- Work towards personal growth and development!
- Drive the business vs. babysitting the business.
- Consistently, provide outstanding service by exceeding expectations. Handle any service issues immediately.
- Act as if you are the manager of the business at all times.
- Consistently attain personal goals!
- Generate revenues! Sell memberships!
- Take the initiative at work. Step up and make it happen!
- If it is to be, than it is up to me attitude
Work Hard and Focus on Goals:
- Work towards goal every minute of every hour of every day!
- Provide outstanding service to our members. That will make getting to goal easier.
- Always carry yourself with a sense of urgency. Move fast!
- Focus: When you’re at work, work! Never stand idle. Recognize the next opportunity to help get to goal or provide outstanding service.
- Punctual: arrive to work 15 minutes prior to shift. Every day!
- Respond to all member concerns in a courteous and professional manner.
- People, Integrity and Profit. (PIP Principle)
Communication and Team Work:
- Communicate with team the opportunities and daily game plan.
- Communicate with team when leaving the front desk.
- Communicate with manager any opportunities including missed opportunities.
- Communicate by always leaving notes in the computer about any member or prospect issues
- Communicate with team members the opportunities that you anticipate to contribute to the “daily goal.”
- Ask a manager for guidance and suggestions when anticipating to approach an opportunity, i.e., new membership, personal training shot, renewal.
- Ask for constructive criticism from your teammates. We can never learn enough! Give constructive criticism to teammates!
- Push yourself and others to work and perform at an optimal level!